As part of their PHSEE programme some of the senior boys have been considering the impact of the above phrase. We discussed in tutor time how these two words make us feel and if our concern about what comes next impacts our decision making. It was fascinating to hear the depth of the boys’ thoughts and ideas. They were asked to write down some of their own ‘What Ifs…’ and then we tried to come up with strategies for dealing with them. Below is a sample of their questions:
- What if I don’t get into my senior school?
- What if I make the wrong decisions in life which turn out to be very costly?
- What if I revised for ten or twenty minutes longer?
- What if you choose the wrong part on a motorway?
- What if when I move house I don’t like it?
- What if I get hurt?
- What if I let in a goal?
- What if you don’t understand a piece of work in a lesson?
U12A Cricket are due back at the later time of 5.30pm (traffic dependent).