LEO was set up in 2008. It aims to encourage the school community to:
- Understand sustainability from a local to a global scale
- Practise living more sustainable life-styles
Reps from each year group from Y3 to Y8 are involved. Through assemblies, presentations, competitions and projects we inform and motivate more sustainable use of resources in the following areas:
- Healthy Living
- Transport & Energy
- Waste Minimisation
- School Grounds & Litter
- Global Perspective
Themes have included Switch-Off fortnight to reduce electricity consumption; reducing litter in the school grounds; growing our own vegetables; encouraging use of sustainable transport; reducing, reusing and recycling waste; running an annual wildlife and environmental photography competition.
Sustainability has also been embedded in the curriculum and we aim to encourage sustainable living by:
- Pupils: through lessons and the work of LEO
- Staff: who teach and use resources sustainably
- Parents: who learn partly through their children
Wishing our U11 Football Team the very best of luck in today's Finals of the ISFA National Tournament! Whatever the outcome, we are immensely proud of all of you for coming so far!